Season 1 Episode 12 – Lois and John Henry can’t seem to agree on the best way to stop Morgan Edge; Jonathan encourages Jordan to focus on strengthening his powers to help locate their dad; an old friend is brought in to help with the search.
What I Liked
1. A brief moment between Lois and Sam shows how far their relationship has come. Given that Lois turned to him after Clark was taken to Morgan’s Fortress. It wasn’t a huge moment, but a nice moment nonetheless.
2. Kal actually fights through the submission from Morgan, much to my surprise as I figured he would turn then turn back at the last moment. He escapes the Fortress and calls on Jordan who’s trying to hone in on his location. This was absolutely brilliant.
3. John Diggle has now entered Superman & Lois! He’s the one that brings the missile to John and Sam. Even though we’ve seen Diggle in a few shows now, it’s still always great to see him. Even including an Oliver Queen mention from Diggle.
4. A beautiful family moment between Lana, Kyle, and Sarah. After their home is vandalized, they all come together in an amazing way. It’s difficult to explain it, but when you watch it you will know.
5. Clark is turned in the end, despite point 2, however, the reason why I’ve popped this on is that his conscious has been replaced by none other than General Zod. Now, this is going to become interesting in this sense.
6. The emotions continue to run high in this episode. This time after Lois fails to convince John not to kill Superman. This is when Jon steps in instead, explaining what he saw in the RV. You could absolutely tell it hit John in the heart, and I believe it will be this that will cause John to help Clark instead of killing him.
7. How damn nice is John’s suit though?!
8. John and Clark team up to take out Morgan Edge, something I wasn’t expecting to happen. John manages to chase Edge into the upper atmosphere, and uses the ARGUS rocket to take him out. He then drops to the floor and Clark knocks him out. Another exceptional moment for this episode.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
Next up is John vs Superman (Zod), and what a bloody good fight. After Superman gets the upper hand, John manages to weaken him using his hammer. Instead of him ending him with the ARGUS missile, he attempts to get through to him in the most inspirational way. What an encouraging moment!
I am giving it to John Henry Irons this week. He was outstanding, the suit was stunning, and his inspirational moment in talking Clark down was incredible. It’s not often a scene that pulls me out of my seat but this one did. Bravo.
This entire episode felt like a season finale. I literally had to double-check, because the episode was literally a masterpiece. That’s all I can describe this, it had everything and the writers should be proud of how they’ve written this show.