Season 2 Episode 5 – Batwoman is approached by Commander Kane and Agent Moore to boost an infamous work of art that reveals the way to Coryana — and Kate; Alice discovers that she may not remember everything about her time on Coryana.
What I Liked
1. We finally got a good scene with Ryan and Luke. More often than not they seem to clash, so it was nice to finally see them get along and share a genuine moment.
2. I like Sophie a lot more this season, I can’t explain why but I wasn’t a fan of her throughout the first season, but she’s much more involved this time and is doing a great job.
3. As it turns out Alice and Ocean have the real painting that was created by the joker, which the crows are in desperate need of to find Kate.
What I Disliked
1. The fight scene between Ryan and Evan was nothing short of embarrassing and was cut short due to Ryan’s wound from the Kryptonite, which is still being dragged out.
2. Ryan’s attitude in this episode has just been irritating and dreadful. Towards Sophie, Jacob, Luke and even Mary. Putting me totally off the character.
3. This seems more of a filler episode and has not added much to the story at all.
Instead of killing Ocean, Alice finds herself in a position where she now seems to be working alongside him, who we now know is Sofiyah’s brother. It appears the two have met before and shared somewhat of a romantic relationship but for some reason neither can remember it. I’d love a romantic story for Alice, she’s probably my favourite character and I’d love to see this change for her.
This weeks standout is going to go to Alice. I love how things change for her every week. Her emotions are confusing but make me enjoy her character a lot more. She’s such a complex person, but definitely my favourite character.
In my personal opinion, this was the worst episode yet. This episode did not entertain me in the slightest, I was bored from the storyline, Ryan’s character really bothered me, and it hasn’t added much to the season at all making it more of a filler episode.