Season 1 Episode 6 – Jen is a bridesmaid in a friend’s wedding, a stressful event compounded by uniquely She-Hulk.
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain major spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode we would recommend that you click off the article, and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. I was never a fan of the twerk stuff. However, Jen being essentially cast out among the bridesmaids means she has to take her own initiative. She decides to get a few drinks down her and dances like she doesn’t care. I did like this scene, it was wholesome.
2. Tatiana has been an awful character to date but when she absolutely punched Jen across the floor was nasty. I loved it! Finally, we’re in for a fight.
3. After drunk Jen struggles to turn into She-Hulk, she’s belittled by Tatiana. She then fully goes for it and a fight pursues between the two. She-Hulk gets the upper hand and defeats her in battle which was great to see. The entire veneers falling out of Tatiana’s mouth forcing her to retreat was cringe, and further fuels why her character is terrible. The scene prior to the end was good, hence why it’s on my likes and not my dislikes.
4. The dark ending is exactly what I want. We see a Reddit-like website with posts asking how to kill She-Hulk and other disturbing posts. We then see scientists prepare to presumably kill her or steal her power. This is where I hope the show turns for the better.
What I Disliked
1. Mr. Immortal proving a point by jumping out of a multi-story window to prove he’s immortal was hilarious. The two lawyers suffocate him by the way he ends his marriages and just decides to lob himself out of the window. Brilliant.
I’m giving it to Jen in this episode. The fact she still managed to enjoy herself despite being an outcast and kicking Tatiana’s ass in front of everyone was great. I just really wish they’d put more effort into the She-Hulk CGI.
This was one of the better episodes of the season. It’s still not a benchmark for where the show can go though. It still has a lot of improvement and direction to go. This episode did show the potential is there but I fear that 6 episodes in, we may be too late.