Season 1 Episode 13 “To save a friend, the Batch plot a mission to sabotage a gangster’s operation.”
What I Liked?
1. The Bad Batch returns from a mission in which we don’t actually see, once they arrive back, Hunter notices different people around the spaceport, they head to Cid’s bar where there are some more different people, they head to the back to Cid’s office where they meet Rowland, a crime underboss who’s trying to make a name for himself, Cid wants to steal the spice that they are planning on selling but can only do it if The Bad Batch help.
2. The 2 local bar-goers help Cid and the squad by causing a distraction while The Bad Batch and Cid steal the spice, everything goes smoothly until they begin to head back out of the infested area when the criminals pursue them and cause the infested creatures to awaken and attack them, they end up losing the spice but end up escaping the area. Honestly, I truly wasn’t invested in this story much.
3. While this point is on my likes simply because it showcases that The Pikes are not to be messed with, we didn’t actually see it happen, however, I still liked it but this point was when The Pikes meet Rowland and ask for their credits when Rowland can’t pay, The Pikes kill everyone in Cid’s bar.
What I Disliked?
1. Omega makes this list because of her “learning-curve” that she is on, I get that she’s a kid, she’s still learning and growing, but forcing The Bad Batch to help everyone when they are on the run and can barely help themselves is a bit annoying now.
2. This entire episode was one whole dislike in my opinion. I get a show needs a filler episode or two, but when it is close to the finale, there really shouldn’t be a filler episode and that is exactly what this episode was which was disappointing.
Wrecker and Cid head back into the infestation to receive the spice that they lost, they manage to get all the crates but when they exit, they knock a trolly off it’s rail causing every creature to awake and attack them on their way out, until Tech creates a stun grenade which kills basically every creature, The Bad Batch then deliver the spice, when The Pikes go to kill Rowland, Omega and Cid ask them if they can handle a war right now, The Pikes answer by cutting off one of Rowlands horns.
It’s a hard decision, but I think I might give this one to Tech, he really came in clutch at the end of this episode.
Honestly, this episode was the weakest episode of the entire first season of The Bad Batch, it was an obvious filler episode and this close to the finale was a huge letdown, this episode didn’t progress the story in any way, it didn’t showcase Crosshair hunting his brothers down or anything, it was quite disappointing.
Photo: Star Wars: The Bad Batch “Infested”.