Season 9 Episode 13 – The Flash, the fastest man alive, is tasked with his greatest challenge yet — to save the timeline and save existence; friends old and new gather for an epic battle to save Central City, one last time.
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain significant spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode, we recommend that you click off the article and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
01. Ah, it’s great to see Reverse Flash’s humor back again. He just completely rinses all of them with relative ease and it’s hilarious.
2. Eddie putting a beat down on Barry was brutal. The blood squirt across the wall isn’t something we’ve really seen in the Arrowverse since Arrow’s season 1. This scene was intense as we see flashbacks from both of them. I loved this scene.
3. Iris gives birth to Nora and to be fair, this was a beautiful scene. It’s been something the show has been leading up to for so long and it’s happened.
4. Caitlin returns after Khione ascends. This is perfect. It’s great to see the Caitlin character return at the very end. Since Khione didn’t need her body, she used her power to return Caitlin and I loved that.
5. Joe proposes to Cecile and I really liked that although I thought they were already married. I guess that’s a nice way to send the show off.
6. The doors remain open as Barry chooses 3 new speedsters to take over so he can be a proper father. It’s unlikely anything will happen off the back of it but it’s nice to know the doors are open.
What I Disliked
1. The CGI is atrocious. I expected so much more for the final episode when it comes to the quality side of things. It looks poor.
2. So most of the villains are taken down with pure ease despite each of these taking everything they’ve got to do so across an entire season. Savitar is beaten by Nora. Godspeed by Cecile. Reverse Flash by Alegra. The only one that’s fair here is Zoom is beaten by Khione considering she’s a literal Goddess.
3. Can’t Captain Kramer mimic powers? So why the hell is she sitting behind the car doing nothing when Zoom is there? Surely it’s quick and easy to briefly take his speed and return back with nobody noticing.
4. Chester survives that? Lol. Okay. Give over. Just a cheap cop-out giving Chester powers to an extent this late in the series. Pathetic.
5. No Cisco, Wally, or Bart for the final episode. The two that make the most sense to be there at the very end.
Zoom, Reverse Flash, Savitar, and Godspeed return and I’m absolutely ready for it. These are four of my top villains from the series so it’s fantastic to see them return one more time for the final episode. There hasn’t been anybody better than these 4 in the entire series.
Eddie takes it in the final episode. Each character didn’t truly blow the roof off to be honest as it was fairly scattered until the show settled down towards the end. However, Eddie was terrific again and it was lovely to finally see him become Cobalt Blue after so many fans wanted this. I just wish it was from the start of the season.
It’s sad to see that the Arrowverse has officially ended. It was a very nice send-off for the show in general but the episode in the grand scheme of things was poor. Eric Wallace really cannot touch another superhero show again. The sheer lack of respect for the villains in this episode is shocking. Those villains should’ve been built up across the entire season and not just rushed at the very end.