Season 9 Episode 6 – “Barry and Iris prepare for their new life; Cecile takes on a case involving a string of unfortunate and highly unexpected events; Chester and the teamwork with Khione to figure out her abilities.”
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain significant spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode, we recommend that you click off the article and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. It took a very long time but I’m beginning to like the Mark character. He’s not needed in the series at all, he had his story, and he delivered it, he should be left by now but he’s still here and seemingly a good guy.
2. After getting some tests done, we find out that Khione isn’t a meta like Frost, but she’s not human like Caitlin either. This has peaked my interest.
What I Disliked
1. Are we really getting a filler episode in such a short season? This is the final season, it has 13 episodes. We should not be getting a filler episode. The season should be so focused on The Flash, his story, and more. Not stupid little side quests.
2. Honestly, I couldn’t care about the story of Becky and her “luck powers” now being very unlucky for her and everyone surrounding her. I thought we would get some insane Flash story after the Red Death arc of the season yet we’re focusing on this. A dumb decision by the writers.
3. When Joe and Jenna were in the city, the writer had Cecile not even worried about her, we basically forgot Jenna was a character on the show and that Cecile was a mother, now they’ve left the city, Cecile is worried about being a bad mother? Make it make sense, also let’s not forget Cecile has another daughter she’s forgotten about.
4. Wait, it was established that while wearing the ring, Becky and everyone around her is back luck, this means Tony should be losing all his money not winning blackjack with each hand. Am I missing something or is this just really badly written?
5. And to top of a horrendous episode, the final fight scene writing was an absolute cringe-fest. I feel robbed of my time watching this episode. Cecile tells Allegra that she’s going to see Joe and Jenna, next scene she’s in Barry and Iris’s apartment. What even is this episode?
I have no favorite moment, unfortunately.
I’m going to give this to Mark. This is odd to say. He wasn’t a major part of the episode but felt like the only character who made sense.
Honestly, a bad episode from start to finish. This is the final season, it has 13 episodes, and the story should be focused on Flash, giving viewers a fantastic final season with badass villains, we had Red Death and then jumped straight into this episode that focused on side characters and had no Flash in it at all. Disappointing.