Season 2 Episode 6 “The Mandalorian and the child travel to an ancient site.”
What I Liked
1. I love on the ship how Din is still trying to train Grogu, especially with the ball. It shows the bond and connection they’ve created over such an incredible journey. You can also tell Grogu doesn’t want to leave Mando, and it makes sense, more so considering Din has seriously protected Grogu so much.
2. Boba Fett finally shows back up! I’ve been waiting for this since the very first episode. He’s actually looking for his armour which is even more interesting. Not to mention it’s actually been the first time Jango has been mentioned since his, well, since forever.
3. Seeing Boba in action properly in live-action for the first time ever was absolutely fantastic. The way he just manhandled the stormtroopers in melee combat was mesmerising. I’m so glad they brought him back for the show.
4. Damn, I wasn’t expecting Moff Gideon to show up at the end. He sends 4 highly powered droids down to collect Grogu, and seemingly tired from his force connection, he’s taken by the droids. The emotions you sense from Din is heartbreaking. Even more so now that the Razor Crest has been destroyed. It looks as if Boba is here for the rest of the season as he agrees to help Din find Grogu.
5. We finally got to see the dark saber again after Grogu has a bit of fun with 2 stormtroopers. That’s a plus, but the story for this season is truly shaping up to be spectacular.
What I Disliked
My only complaint for this week is the short episode. Understandably the episode makes up for itself in general with everything that happened, but the episodes feel and seem to be getting shorter week on week.
I don’t even know where to begin. Once Mando joins in the fight, they both find themselves outnumbered although still fighting, we kind of knew Boba was away for the armour. He shows up, in true Boba style and just shows off everything in his arsenal as he just wipes several stormtroopers out in seconds. What a scene, and what a moment!
I have to give this to Boba, not just because it’s bloody Boba Fett, but because of how interesting he was. His fighting was outstanding, he mentioned Jango and tied the prequels in again, and the way he took the 2 ships out with one rocket was brilliant. Thoroughly deserved.
I heard a lot of people mention that this week was superior to last, I do have to disagree but this episode was the sheer testament to how Star Wars is. It advanced the story, created that proper cliffhanger and was just one hell of an entertaining episode.