Season 1 Episode 5 – “Wanda addresses Vision’s worries when he grows suspicious of the neighbours’ strange behaviour.”
What I Liked
1. The weird aspects continue when Agnes comes over after Wanda and Vision are seemingly struggling with the twins. Agnes asks Wanda if she should take it from the top, and Wanda kind of just pauses. I really like the moments where reality just slightly hits, it adds so much to the suspense.
2. The intro shot with the credits had me nearly dying of laughter. Vision’s baby photos though, just quality!
3. At the briefing, they discuss Wanda and her past. From pretty much her introduction in Age of Ultron to Civil War. I love the way that they didn’t hold back on this part, especially discussing the pre-Avenger Wanda. We even got a glimpse of what actually happened after Endgame, Wanda storms through a building where Vision’s body was kept, and seemingly brought him back after this.
4. More references which is great. Jimmy Woo mentions that Wanda could have defeated Thanos alone if he never initiated the blitz, and also Captain Marvel references which caused Monica to pause. I’m happy this is all tying itself into the MCU, it just makes sense and the writers have done a fantastic job in doing so.
5. The show is beginning to take an interesting turn. Vision’s colleague at work manages to actually jump back to reality after Vision touches his head, and begs him to make “her” stop. Very interesting.
6. Vision finally stands up to Wanda and demands answers as to what is going on. They briefly stand off ready to actually fight, but quickly stand down. I hope it continues like this and Wanda doesn’t just “reset” anything.
7. Pietro (Quicksilver) is back, but it’s not the one we know from the MCU, it’s actually Evan Peters, the Quicksilver from the X-Men movies. Darcy even questions that he’s been “recast”, a subtle fourth wall breaker right there.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
Perhaps the most movement made in the show yet! Wow. Wanda actually exits the town with a lot of SWORD agents aiming their guns as she walks through due to them sending a drone in and firing at her. She tells them to pretty much stand down and leave her alone. Nothing pursues but as she walks back to the town, she controls all of the agents minds very briefly and they aim their guns at the Tyler. An exceptional scene.
I believe Wanda thoroughly deserves it this week. She showcased multiple different emotions from sadness, to anger, to happiness. Everything is starting to come together with what she went through prior to Endgame, and also that she understands what she is doing.
The best episode of the season so far without any doubt. The story advanced so much, and the return of Pietro just adds that element of mystery going forward. It’s safe to say we can’t wait for the next episode!