Season 3 Episode 13 “Black Lightning and his team descend upon Markovia on a mission to rescue Lynn, who finds herself in even more trouble when she meets a metahuman on the Markovian side.”
What I Liked?
1. The episode starts off with a great scene, with Jefferson talking about his history as Black Lightning, about the blood, broken bones, deaths. He also spoke about his name and how he didn’t really like it but it stuck. He also spoke about him dealing with drug addiction and knows what it’s like with Lynn.
2. The Markovians have a meta human named Gravedigger who can tell people to do stuff and they have no choice but to do whatever it is told. Gravedigger forces Lynn to make the cure as quickly as she can. This was a great character added to the show and I hope we get to see more of him.
3. Jefferson and Khalil have a talk about how Jefferson felt he didn’t do much for Khalil, he tells Khalil that the ASA won’t go looking for him and that he’ll be free of them… But in the same conversation tries to get Khalil to use his Painkiller abilities like fightning etc to help get Lynn back.
4. The Outsiders finally assemble and head to Markovia but Khalil joins them at the last minute. I didn’t expect to see The Outsiders done live action but they done great with the characters they have.
5. We get a epic showdown between Khalil and Gravedigger, the fight it’s self is pretty back and fourth until a experience plays a factor in Gravedigger getting the upper hand. Black Lightning is saving Tobias when he gets shot a few times by some type of electric weapon by Gravedigger.
6. Gravedigger tells The Outsiders to leave while he takes Lynn until Black Lightning flies in, shoots a huge bolt through Gravedigger and reunites with Lynn. This scene was great to see because it showcased what Jefferson was saying at the beginning of the episode that he’d kill for his family.
What I Disliked?
1. Jennifer is still holding stuff against her sister and dad because they were trying to protect her by not telling her that her boyfriend was turned into a killing machine.
Black Lightning jumps from a helicopter, taking out multiple people with a ground punch then the other infiltrating the Markovian base while the team splits up to go find their targets.
Khalil, he chose to overcome his past to make a future for himself where he helps people instead of killing people.
Hands down the best episode of Season 3 thus far and I hope they don’t go back on themselves. This episode had everything, great dialogue scenes to amazing action and fight scenes.