Season 3 Episode 10 “Jefferson has to navigate the post Crisis world. Lynn’s determination to save meta kids gets her in trouble. Blackbird has a new challenge. Jennifer and Brandon bond.”
What I Liked?
1. Jefferson is flying back to Freeland trying to contact Gambi, He’s telling him about Crisis and saving the universe. Jefferson tells Gambi he met a “kid” named Flash and that Superman is real.
2. Jennifer finally realizes that Odell needs to be stopped and is using her as a weapon so she sets out to kill him to stop her becoming the evil version of herself she saw.
3. Blackbird has a decent fight scene where she fights five commando’s and quickly takes them down just as she’s about to be shot by 2 other commando’s she’s saved by Black Lightning who gives her a hug since she went missing in Crisis.
4. TC infiltrates his way into Gambi’s hideout to ask for help. He finds out about Gambi helping Black Lightning and offers to help him find the people who “killed” Gambi. TC finds out that it was someone from Season 1 of Black Lightning.
5. Jefferson finally finds out about Lynn being addicted to Greenlight and they have a fight about it. Finally someone knows about Lynn and her addiction so can they story arc please be over soon.
6. The ASA shoot Jennifer and Brandon with knock out darts. The two meta’s wake up and escape the ASA soldiers when Jennifer see’s Odell she tries to kill him but it’s a hologram. As much as I dislike Odell he is a pretty smart character.
What I Disliked?
1. Lynn’s addiction is spiraling out of control as when Jennifer finds her she instantly shouts at Jennifer because she dropped the Greenlight drug on the floor. Lynn as a character has been so annoying this season.
2. Blackbird starts pushing this “male privilege” argument when Black Lightning gets asked to come up with a plan. This was unnecessary and this didn’t need to happen. It’s a Black Lightning show not a Thunder show.
Blackbird, Black Lightning and The Resistance take the fight to the prison camp and free the meta’s which are imprisoned there. There was a great Black Lightning and Blackbird team up move that happened and it was great.
Jennifer, She really came to understand that Odell needs to be stopped and set’s out to fix her mistakes.
For a post crisis episode this was really decent… The episode has small changes and Black Lightning kept it to himself. It’s on level with Batwoman for a post crisis episode, definitely better than the Supergirl episode. This episode was also one of the better wrote episodes of the season.