Season 1 Episode 8 – “If you or a human loved one have been injured or killed while working at Godolkin University, you may be entitled to financial compensation. Hundreds of human employees have been victimized by Godolkin students, but the law offices of Bremmer & Bremmer have won them millions in personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. Contact us for a free consultation at 1-888-177-2774. Know your rights!”
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain significant spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode, we recommend that you click off the article and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. The episode picks up right where the last episode left. With Shetty dead on the floor and the students going absolutely mental within their minds. Kate says once she’s done maybe the group will trust and be on her side. Kate and Sam go to free everyone in The Woods with Jordan slightly standing his ground to which Kate tells him “You can beat me, but do you really think you can beat him” meaning Sam.
2. Kate and Sam arrive at The Woods. Sam immediately punches his hand through a guard’s face killing him. Kate then uses her powers on another guard telling him to open all of the cells. He does and Kate responds by telling every prisoner “Let’s go outside”.
3. The supes that Kate and Sam freed are now killing every teacher and civilian on campus. We see a ton of blood and heads exploding in this scene. Jeff uses a sound to stop a supe from killing him by using the sound and a metal bomb that kills the supe until Kate tells him to do a live stream and do the same thing.
4. Marie and Andre team up to stop Kate. Kate uses Maverick to stop Marie. Andre runs after Kate while Marie has to deal with an invisible supe. Marie, using the move Victoria taught her is able to find Maverick’s blood and is able to stop him.
5. Marie tries to speak to Kate but it gets nowhere. Marie then sees Jordan getting jumped by three supes so she goes to help them. Marie stops one supe while another runs to the helicopter while Jordan takes the third down.
6. Marie tells Jordan “See, we’re good together” while Kate is close to touching Jordan. Marie uses her powers to explode Kate’s arm.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report.
My favorite moment would simply be seeing the appearance of Homelander. He arrives and starts to speak to Marie asking her what kind of animal she is. Does she like attacking her own kind? Obviously, Vought being Vought and being the corrupt system that it is, frames Marie, Emma, Jordan, and Andre for doing the massacre on campus while they make Sam and Kate heroes. I also love the fact that Butcher comes to the Woods and says what I’ll assume will be an iconic GIF or meme and that is it.
Honestly, I’ll give this to Kate. She absolutely ruined the campus by freeing the supes in The Woods and causing other supes to attack everyone.
This is what this season needed. An entire episode that is just action-packed from the moment it began. Seeing how wild the action got was incredible, and seeing how easily the young supes are persuaded to do something to be able to join the Seven is unbelievable. Seeing Homelander and Butcher arrive in the series makes me question whether or not we’ll see this story in Gen V continue in The Boys.