Season 2 Episode 6 “When The Boys and Starlight follow a lead to Vought’s mysterious Sage Grove Center, they find one of Vought’s darkest secrets – and someone even darker from their past. Meanwhile Homelander and Stormfront’s relationship deepens.”
What I Liked
1. Just when I think I’ve seen it all, this show manages to do something else that’s just insane. Homelander is intense and edgy as is, Stormfront is becoming that way as well. So, when they catch a robber together and this scene happens, it’s just, yeah, it’s crazy. They even have sex next to the robbers dead body like what?!
2. One of the things I’m starting to like is the adventures Starlight is having with the group. Especially now they’re slowly warming up to her, including Butcher when he had a straight headshot with the sniper and never took the shot. Although an argument pursued after, I felt like it was much needed between the two.
3. As MM, Frenchie and Kimiko infiltrate the psychiatric hospital, Stormfront shows up. Which is intense enough, but as the trio check out the CCTV, we see that Vought is actually creating Sup terrorists. This is huge! Just like the dude with the, I’ll stop now sorry. You’ll understand if you’ve watched it.
4. Lamplighter and Frenchie come face to face, but not without incident. Lamplighter accidentally blows a hole in the wall, releasing Cindy, who has an ability to essentially super force choke people x100. She then released the rest of the people locked up, this is about to get so good!
5. With it all going to hell inside the ‘hospital’. W Sup manages to get out and comes across Hughie, Butcher and Starlight. The Sup then uses his power that kind of releases an EMP that forces them back, including flipping the van Hughie is in. It’s over quick as Butcher fires a quick trio shot killing him, but as the van flipped, Hughie is seriously injured. I love how the show can just turn a normal innocent situation into something mental in the space of 20 seconds.
6. Homelander’s instability shows once again after Stormfront is late showing up to his surprise. I honestly can’t wait until the late that he just loses his cool completely. It’s been teasing us all season and it’s going to be incredible when it eventually happens!
7. The entire backstory with Frenchie here is interesting. As he was supposed to keep an eye out on Lamplighter, his friend overdosed and he left to save his life. The entire aspect here is quite an emotional one, especially for Frenchie. It’s an impossible choice most would struggle within that situation.
8. It’s about time the plane crash from last season was brought up and mentioned. Elena finds a device with the footage of what happened. Maeve explains its to use against Homelander to leave them alone. You can see it’s visibly hurt Maeve, but I’m glad to see they never actually forgot about that scene.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
Stormfront opens up to Homelander and to us fans about her backstory. She was actually born in 1919, given the first V injection and actually married Frederick Vought. She was actually on the side of the Nazi as well. This is massive for her character and story going forward. Especially hearing about her ideologies.
Frenchie takes it this week, although it was very close considering almost every character had a huge part to play this episode. We learn about him more with a backstory, how he is the way he is and what was holding him back.
The best episode of the season thus far for me. Every aspect of the episode was interesting, and as mentioned above, almost every character played their part. It’s episodes like these why The Boys is on a completely different level when it comes to TV.
Have you saw next weeks promotional trailer? You can see it below;