Season 4 Episode 5 – As the Blood Moon rises, the Titans fight to keep Sebastian from Mother Mayhem’s clutches, and an injured Conner gives rise to a venomous threat that jeopardizes the team’s plan.
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain significant spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode, we recommend that you click off the article and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. Conner’s injury got way too much for him to handle to the point Mother Mayhem took over his body. He then attempts to escort Sebastian out of STAR Labs until Dick and Starfire confront him. Jinx manages to knock him out, I did kinda like this scene. I don’t like seeing Conner injured much but Jinx is just amazing.
2. Mother Mayhem seems to be overpowered which makes sense. However, it’s nice to actually see her vulnerable. She speaks to Trigon as she struggles to hold herself together to find Sebastian.
3. It’s nice to hear John Constantine exists in this universe. It’s a small Easter Egg but Jinx did mention she’d need him in order to save Conner.
4. In the end, it’s Tim who defeats the snake. After the successful virus stunt, the snake violently and gruesomely leaves his body by the mouth, heads towards them and Tim plants his head, killing it. This was actually not bad, considering the rest of the Titans didn’t even react. I’ve said it before, I really hope Tim continues to develop quickly so we can see the Robin suit again.
5. An interesting dynamic is when Kory enters another vision. This time, she and Dick have a child together. It always seems to be Dick at the forefront of these types of visions but it was just nice to see that type of happiness, even though it was just a vision.
6. It’s now Starfire vs Mother Mayhem. Unfortunately, Starfire does lose the fight. It was great to see those 2 fight, it’s a matchup that just feels so entertaining. Yes the fight only lasted a mere few seconds and Sebastian was taken, but this is what we’ve got to look forward to this season.
What I Disliked
The episode did feel very predictable. We knew Sebastian would come to be Brother Blood at some point but in this episode, you just knew it was now. There were some boring sections to the episode but that’s all I really have that I can complain about.
I do really like the fact we’re seeing more and more of Beast Boys capabilities. He literally turns into a virus, and goes into Conner’s body in an attempt to save his life. The risks involved are catastrophic, but Gar deserves all the praise in the world so far this season.
This is a strange one as they all played an equal part in the episode which is always a positive thing. If one character stood out just that little bit more then for me it’s Beast Boy. The sheer fact he turned into a freaking virus was brilliant.
A very predictable episode but still entertaining with some solid scenes and moments. This episode sets up the story of Brother Blood in a major way and we’re definitely here for it. We can’t wait until next week.