Season 3 Episode 5 “Jefferson struggles with the effects on his family, leading to a decision that has tragic consequences; Anissa’s identity is threatened; Odell takes an important step toward winning over Jennifer.”
What I Liked?
1. ASA Odell finds out who the potential name of Blackbird is… Anissa Pierce. He sets Painkiller a mission to go track her down and stop her since she’s became a top priority to the ASA.
2. Jefferson wants Anissa to bring back Tavon to Freeland so he can be reunited with his parents since they have proof he isn’t a meta or even has the gene.
3. Odell tries to catch Anissa out by showing up to her apartment while she’s busy with Painkiller but Odell gets outsmarted by Gambi and Grace who Grace uses her powers to turn into Anissa and pretends to be her.
4. The students at Jefferson’s school hear about Tavon being killed so they start to protest against the ASA soldiers that are outside the school, things turn ugly when a soldier hits a kid with her gun which leads Jefferson to get into a confrontation with them but since he can’t use his powers he’s got to take a beating by them. Jennifer see’s this but can’t help so she decides to visit them later.
5. Chief Henderson has secretly been behind the insurgents all along and has decided to use the beating Jefferson took to unite the church group, the insurgents and gangs to finally push the ASA out of Freeland.
What i Disliked?
1. Lynn is clearly still addicted to greenlit and will hardly spend time away from the ASA lab or even with Jefferson. It’s gotten so bad that she’s sneaking out in the middle of the night.
2. No one trusts anyone on this show. Jennifer’s powers start acting up, she’s not hearing people properly but won’t tell Jefferson. This is one major downfall the show has.
3. It feels like that having these powers and abilities have someway got to Anissa’s head. It feels like she’s doing this for fame.
This weeks favorite moment was the short fight between Painkiller and Blackbird which resulted in Blackbird getting a beating and Tavon being infected with Painkillers venom which causes him to die. One thing bugged me about this fight is that Anissa didn’t recognize Khalil.
Stand Out Character
There is only one stand out character, Jefferson. This episode showed us how he can be a beacon of hope even when he’s not suited and booted as Black Lightning.
Fairly average episode with nothing major happening until near the end. Only good parts were the fight between Painkiller and Blackbird and Jefferson becoming a symbol or message for the citizens of Freeland.