Season 4 Episode 3 “Jefferson is even feeling even more lost after a frustrating therapy session; Anissa continues to care for a still comatose Grace; Lynn has a breakthrough”.
What I Liked?
1. The episode started off with a fight between Jefferson and Tobias inside of the Pierce family home, while it was a great tease of what is to come, we come to find out that it was a dream.
2. Lala kills the shooter from last week’s episode who killed the kid, we see that he receives a new tattoo of the shooter on his hand, I liked this scene simply because we haven’t seen this happen in a while.
3. Gambi tests out a new powerful weapon which was designed by Monovista Internation. This weapon is that powerful that it’s dangerous to humans and meta’s and that it can shoot through a tank. I believe we’ll see this weapon come into use against someone like Tobias.
4. This last point I really enjoyed for the simple fact that it’s going to motivate Jefferson to go after Tobias even more. Jefferson walked in on Lynn and Tobias in a restaurant, this is going to cause so much tension between Jefferson and Lynn.
What I Disliked?
1. The character of Lynn is always making this section of the review but once again, Lynn is denying that she’s addicted to using powers. I don’t know what else to say about it.
2. I get why Jefferson is doing this because he lost someone important to him but his refusal to suit up as Black Lightning again is so annoying. People need help and he’s not seeing that.
3. Jennifer was slightly annoying this week as she created a whole social media presence for Lightning, this will backfire, I can see it happening.
There weren’t many scenes that caught my attention this week unfortunately but the scene where Jefferson has a cage fight in Lala’s underground fight club was actually really decent, we saw Jefferson get beat up badly then his powers activate and he snaps the guy’s arms and beats him badly.
Once again Jefferson takes this.
An insanely boring episode yet it had bits of action that they didn’t capitalize on. They could have had a really well-done cage fighting episode but didn’t. Disappointing for a final season. I hope this changes.