- 8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
- 7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
- 6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
- 5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
- 4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
- 3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
- 2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)
- 1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
- Total gained from the box office
8. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)
Prisoner of Azkaban was perhaps one of the better Harry Potter films for me. It featured Sirius Black for the first time and truly flew into the series in a major way by introducing all of these new characters that would set the tone for the rest of the films.
7. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
There isn’t a single Harry Potter film I dislike but this is perhaps the second weakest in the franchise. It’s filled with plot holes that don’t really add up at all. Besides that, it was the re-birth of Voldemort and the ending of the film was absolutely brutal.
6. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)
This was the first Harry Potter film I watched, honestly. I was only 9 at the time and I skipped the first one but I loved this. This was the film that made me a fan of the series and I’ve been a fan ever since. It’s why this film stands as perhaps my most enjoyable one.
5. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)
The Half-Blood Prince wasn’t the strongest film but it wasn’t the weakest. It sits around the middle for me. It had a very good time at the box office and featured the most emotional scene at the end with Dumbledore’s death at the hands of Snape.
4. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)
I love this film. It’s more because we get to see more of Harry and his capabilities. It’s the fact that he’s trusted enough to train other wizards to defend themselves. It’s no surprise it sits 4th on the list as it was a fantastic experience.
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)
Part 1 of this is the weakest film in the series for me. I found it quite boring in a lot of parts even if I enjoyed the overall experience. I don’t know, I guess I just prefer Hogwarts but what it sets up for the second part is very well done.
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001)
It was thanks to the book that Harry Potter kicked off the way it did. The book was released way back in 1997, 4 years prior to the movie being released. The one thing I love when doing a run-through of Harry Potter is that the vast majority of the cast in here are the same all the way until the end.
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)
There was always going to be a clear winner. We all knew Part 2 was the end of the Harry Potter era in the movieverse. It also featured the best moment ever with Professor McGonagall. The film even sat in the top 10 for a while before other films, especially in the MCU came out. It proves by the total below just how popular this franchise truly is.
Total gained from the box office