Season 1 Episode 12 – “Cassian returns home to Ferrix, a tinderbox that is experiencing a spark of rebellion.”
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain significant spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode, we recommend that you click off the article and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. Right away you can feel something has drastically changed in Ferrix. It has always been a low run-of-the-mill planet, but what the Empire has done while they took control of the planet has been insane to watch. The feel, the tension, the unease, and the lack of hope in this world has been incredible.
2. I do like how this show has set up just how important Cassian is. His mother even knew that he would have been one of the many sparks of the Rebellion that set it off. I loved this. I like how important Cassian is, and I can not wait to see where season 2 goes.
3. I did really love seeing Death Troopers in the episode. They are one of my all-time favorite Troopers. From the all-black suit to the weapons. They are just insanely well-designed even though they are “basic”. I would love to see more and more.
4. After some motivating words from a hologram of Cassian’s mother, the town of ferrix decides to wake up and take the fight to the Empire. The entire town take up arms against the Empire. This all happens while Cassian sneaks into the ISB building to free Bix.
5. Finally, the series is delivering us some fantastic action. It took a while but we finally are getting some action and the action we have got is amazing. We saw some undercover Imperial get taken down, and while the town fights The Empire, we get to see the Empire kill many of the town’s folk.
6. I did like the introduction of the early stages of the Death Star. Seeing the laser getting built but stuff Cassian himself was building while in prison was ultimately predictable but still fantastic to see, and this will lead into season 2 of Andor and finding out ways to destroy it and ultimately set up Rogue One. While there is a season 2, we are nearing the end of the road.
What I Disliked
1. I do dislike how the show has mentioned Krieger for a few episodes and doesn’t even show us the payoff, it just told us that it happened and it was an ambush. The show has been very hit or miss, one thing it has lacked is action, this would have been a great scene to see.
2. I feel like the story surrounding Syril was ultimately nothing. He didn’t bring anything to the capture of Cassian, he didn’t do anything other than what seems like falling in love with Deedra. He’s a bad character and I hoped we would see him do something but it never happened.
My favorite moment this week would be the entire town coming out to pay their respects to Cassian’s mother. They stood up against the Empire and gave Cassian’s mother a well-deserved send-off. From the music to the slow march through the town it just felt special.
I’d give this standout to Cassian. He had most of the spotlight and showcased his ability to infiltrate places as he did with the ISB building to free Bix.
What started off as a slow burner, similar to previous episodes quickly changed into an uprising in hope, belief, spirit, and determination of a small town taken over by The Empire. With the speech from Cassian’s mother was the gaslight to what made a decent episode and an overall solid finale.