Season 1 Episode 4 “It’s two firsts for Mark: a first date and a first trip to another planet. At the same time, Nolan and Debbie revisit their own first vacation together.”
What I Liked?
1. Omni-Man is having a race with Invincible to Mount Everest. When they get there they have a talk about Omni-Man’s planet, why he came to Earth, how Mark’s mother changed things and how things changed, even more, when Mark was born. They then speak about sacrifice. The two then race home with the loser taking out the trash for a month. A decent scene between father and son.
2. Omni-Man knows that Damian Darkblood was in his house and speaking to his wife. Damian Darkblood knows that the government is potentially helping Omni-Man covering him for the murders of the Guardians of the Globe so he leaves a tape in Debbie’s wardrobe. The government then sends Darkblood back to hell.
3. The surviving Mauler twin finds a warehouse where he starts to build a lab, he then takes his own DNA with the help of a drill and then starts to create a new clone of himself. For being this tough alien, he’s also very intelligent, I feel like he’ll be a great villain.
4. We come to find out that the government is actually investigating Omni-Man about the murders of the Guardians of the Globe, they actually wanted him to go on the mission to Mars instead of Mark but it didn’t work out that way. It’ll be interesting to see how this storyline plays out throughout the rest of the season.
What I Disliked?
1. Rex, he is just super egotistical, annoying, and just an a-hole. I want something to happen to him throughout the series. It’s bad to see but I hope he dies.
2. Mark goes on a mission to Mars for the government, once he gets there he instantly fall asleep, not to mention his phone works on Mars? Even for a rookie, he shouldn’t be falling asleep.
3. Omni-Man goes on vacation with Debbie, they’re having a nice drink when a dragon (yes a dragon) attacks the city, he completely ignores it, even though he’s meant to be a hero and just continues his vacation?
The favorite moment of this episode has to be when Mark tries to reason with the king of the Martians but ends up getting him and the astronauts chased back to the ship, Mark then tries to fight them but ends up failing, he then manages to get away from them but flies back to them to steal a rock.
Mark, he’s just so good as a character.
The episode did have its moments of fun and enjoyable scenes, however, the episode lacked compared to the better episodes of the previous 3 episodes. overall a fun, enjoyable episode.
Photo: Invincible Season 1 Episode 4