Season 6 Episode 6 “Sara attempts to escape Bishop, while the Legends find Amelia in a sanitarium.”
What I Liked?
1. Mick Rory and Kayla finally arrive on the planet where Sara is being held by Bishop and the army of Ava clones, while back on Earth, Constantine is having trouble coming to the fact that there are people in his home who have moved in and made the place a mess.
2. Amelia Earhart steals the Waverider and heads back to Earth where she gets put into an asylum under the name “Sara Lance”, this is where the Legends track her down and take her back to Constantine’s home where they learn that she is speaking about a spaceship, Nate and Ava find the Waverider.
3. In this next scene, Astra and Constantine suggest doing a magic spell to unlock the memories that Amelia is locking away, Astra begins the spell and we get to see the backstory on how Amelia became to be what she is now, she was on her normal flight and then went missing, this is where Bishop abducted her and began experimenting on her, eventually ending up changing her into an alien.
4. Spoon can speak full alien because it’s revealed that she has the same species of the alien inside her that Amelia Earhart did, Spooner and the alien have a conversation about Sara Lance and the alien tells her that he killed her, not knowing Sara “survived”.
What I Disliked?
1. 25 minutes into an episode, consistently bored of the episode, unentertained, and just the episode lacking in a story in general, this isn’t a good sign for this season at all. A few more episodes like this will be bad going forward, I don’t know what to expect for the rest of the season and should I even be excited about it?
2. I get Ava is on a mission to find her “true love”, but forcing Astra to go beyond her limits using a brand new spell to extract memories from someone is not a leader move at all, it was just straight-up bad writing for Ava, I hated Ava in this situation, this writing makes her “leadership” at the Time Bureau a joke.
3. Once again, Legends of Tomorrow writers rehashing old storylines, this time, “killing” Sara Lance off and making her a clone, the exact same issue as Ava and Bishop, this is beyond a joke now, this wasn’t needed at all.
Mick Rory finding and helping Kayla the alien back to her ship with a power battery, they get chased and swarmed by aliens so Mick and Kayla hide in a containment unit, they end up having sex. This was my favorite scene, how is how boring this episode was.
Mick Rory, while we didn’t see it, he did get some badass moments in this episode.
Although we hardly got any action with Mick, I did like his scenes, the rest of the episode was boring, unentertaining, and downright bad, I was thoroughly bored throughout the entire episode and lost all hope for the rest of the season being good and being saved.
Photo: Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Episode 6 “Bishop’s Gambit”.