Season 6 Episode 13 “Ava tries to get into the captive Bishop’s mind, but who is playing who? Meanwhile, Mick goes into labor and John fights his addiction.”
What I Liked?
01. My first like is Constantine, even though I hate the direction that the showrunners are taking this great character, I do like how we are getting to see this version of Constantine, a broken, down on his luck, addicted version of Constantine, and that we actually get to see him battle his “magical” side of himself. He’s the only stable character on the show if I’m honest.
02. Finally, someone asks Spooner what happened when she and Constantine were at the fountain which would grant Constantine his magic back, Spooner tries to explain what happened but she, Astra, and Zari find out that there is a blank spot like someone had erased that part of the memory. It’s nice to see 2 characters actually progress a story instead of it being about alien babies.
03. We get to see Astra perform a spell on Spooner to help her remember the memory, they do and Spooner tells the duo that John drank some liquid stuff, Zari, Astra, and Spooner find out that he’s drinking blood which means if he continues, he’ll die. Zari gives John an ultimatum, her or the blood, John chooses her and tries to go cold turkey, this is a better story than the rest of the episode, it’s unbelievable how good this story is compared to the actual season story.
What I Disliked?
01. I thought after the events of previous episodes we had seen the last of Bishop, the worst villain of the entire CW, but no he has returned and is still just as bad as he was when he was introduced. I actually hate this villain, he’s pointless, boring, not frightening at all, all he is is dumb.
02. Honestly, I lost hope for this show a long time ago, however, it still amazes me that it can make my excitement, my love, and my hopes for this show drop each week, the show is completely ruining characters, and Mick Rory is just the latest, his story this season “pregnant with alien babies in his brain” is absolutely dumbfounded, it’s boring, it’s a waste of episodes, and is just bad. It’s crazy.
03. Another story, another boring episode, the Ava/Bishop storyline for this episode was completely boring, it didn’t capture my attention or anything, I didn’t care for the story, characters, or plot. It needs to end. Bring back the seriousness.
04. Mick goes into labor and the alien babies come out of his nose, he has 45 of them, It’s another stupid moment from this episode, when this is happening, Sara Lance, arguably one of the greatest fighters in the Arrowverse, loses a fight to Bishop who somehow, has 6% of her DNA which causes him to know everything she is about to do. WHAT.
I barely didn’t have a favorite moment, it wasn’t the last few minutes of the episode when we got to see the cold turkey version of Constantine get beaten by the more powerful, dark version of himself. This scene was amazing.
Constantine, he’s by far the most important, interesting, and exciting character the entire show has right now, he’s the saving grace.
Honestly, the last episode had some better moments but by god did that change this week, a below-average story, super bad villain, stupid storylines, and plots, the only thing which saved this episode from being a complete failure was Constantine, Matt Ryan deserves better.
Photo: Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Episode 13.