Season 6 Episode 8 “The Legends go on a “normal romp” to investigate an alien that has taken up residence in the Old West.”
What I Liked?
1. For a brief moment, we got to see the original Nate, the historian who noticed history was broke, we got to see Nate use his memory to recount history about the western times, such a nice thing to see, cause we never see him use his historic memory for anything anymore, he’s always that “fratboy-funny guy”.
2. David Ramsay is a special guest star in this episode, while it’s nice to see the actor returning to the Arrowverse, he returned not as Diggle but as a real-life historic figure in Bass Reeves, the first-ever black deputy U.S Marshal. I was shocked that they were using a real-life figure in this episode.
What I Disliked?
1. Well, my major dislike was this “new” Sara, she’s weird, completely different to the original Sara, she’s always drinking and eating strawberry milkshake, we come to learn that, not only is she a clone and potentially an alien, this version of Sara has regenerative abilities. I honestly hate this direction they’ve gone with an already established character in the Arrowverse. It’s bad writing, bad direction, and doesn’t give me hope for any character on the show.
2. While I’m happy that David Ramsay returned to the Arrowverse, but he was so badly underused in this episode that it felt pointless even giving him a cameo role in this show, he should have been the director he was that badly underused. All we saw of his character was him watching the Legends from afar, then shooting his weapon a couple of times, he was literally in the episode less than 5 minutes.
3. I do not have a clue who’s the idea it was to have a cowboy singing narrator for the entire episode, it was so badly annoying that I felt like I was going to turn the volume down on the episode every single time he came on and spoke, it was so bad that he had about 3 minutes of him entirely singing at the end of the episode.
While I disliked her new abilities, my favorite moment when Sara had a duel with Stapleton, essentially Sara was acting all mighty because she hasn’t lost a gun duel yet, both Sara and Stapleton agree to do 10 paces, turn, and shoot, however, Stapleton cheats, turns early and absolutely pops Sara right in the middle of the back of her head with the bullet exiting in the front, much to everyone’s shock, Sara regenerates her wound and wins the duel when the alien comes from the ground and eats Stapleton.
Nate was actually the most level-headed character of the entire episode, saying something with him being reduced to the “funny guy”.
Another weak episode, I don’t know how many more episodes will be this weak but this episode did absolutely nothing for me. The story and plot were below average, the actors/characters were wasted and the reveal that Sara now can regenerate her battle wounds is beyond a joke.
Photo: Legends of Tomorrow Season 6 Episode 8 “Stressed Western”.