Season 1 Episode 6 – As Moon Knight joins the fray, Marc, Steven, and Khonshu must work together to stop Ammit.
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain major spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode we would recommend that you click off the article, and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. Ammit is finally released after Harrow storms the Temple of Gods and just smacks them about. It’s good to see Ammit here and actually realising Harrow’s scales don’t balance correctly. Ammit is willing to let that slide due to the betrayal 2,000 years ago. This is getting interesting.
2. Khonshu is brought back by Layla after she sneaks in with Harrow. Khonshu explains to Layla that he needs an avatar in order to defeat Ammit. Layla completely and utterly shuts him down instantly about the idea which I did like. I really want Marc to be brought back rather than Layla taking the power.
3. We see Marc in his eternal resting place with the scales balanced perfectly, but he can’t stay there due to his guilty conscience over Steven. He opts to go back resulting in the fact he can never return. It shows how far they have came with this.
4. A really sad moment for Marc. He manages to find Steven in the sand, explaining to him that Steven was a driving force in his life instead of a burden. He turns as well but he has the heart, the doors open and they both come back to life. I saw a meme which said the chemistry between Oscar Isaac and Oscar Isaac is perfect, this scene sums that up.
5. As Khonshu gets battered by Ammit, Marc manages to return to the living. Khonshu senses this right away and Marc puts the suit n. What a moment!! I absolutely loved this.
6. Steven is back in perfect fashion. He stands up to Khonshu and tells him he wants to make a deal prior to helping him. This was hilarious. I’m so glad Steven survived this entire ordeal.
7. Layla becomes an avatar, to be fair I was just glad it wasn’t to Khonshu but I have to admit the suit she gets is pretty damn nice!
8. The after credits scene shows Jake for the first time. I would have rather seen this when Harrow had Marc all but defeated. However, he shoots and kills Harrow after Marc and Steven are released by Khonshu. Definitely a subtle cliffhanger to end the season on for what is meant to be a “limited time show”.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
It’s Layla and Steven vs Harrow and his goons. The most impressive part here is Steven just absolutely destroyed multiple guys with such ease! He’s learned so much from Marc and it’s beginning to truly show just how much. This entire scene was brilliant as they take down Harrow whilst Khonshu and Ammit fight.
I have to give it to Steven this week. He gets it just for shouting; “HIPPO!” when they’re saved by the sand tsunami as they make their way back to life. Not to mention the way he was able to handle himself against Harrow and his goons was just absolutely fantastic.
A perfect way to end the series. I wasn’t expecting the finale to be as explosive as it was, and although I would have liked to see a surprise at the end to give us an indication of where Moon Knight will go next, the cliffhanger was enough to make me believe that a season 2 may not be off the cards as we first thought. A masterpiece.