Season 2 Episode 6 – Cindy and her new team make their move against the JSA, which leads to an epic showdown.
What I Liked
1. Well as the first scenes go that was certainly an edgy one. Well played to Max Frantz playing Isaac, I actually felt nervous as he was talking to Yolanda.
2. Artemis and Isaac didn’t waste any time in taking Pats Robot, but not before giving him a beat down. The scene was so hard to watch as Pat is an actual father figure to the entire time, and even to some of us viewers. Watching Courtney and Barbara react to Pat being in the hospital was heartbreaking. The acting throughout this entire scene was incredible.
3. I love how well Barbara is taking to the new life of being the Mother of a Superhero. I got nervous watching the scene expecting Barbara to be fully against Courtney going, but that wasn’t the case and she instead told Courtney to go and kick Cindy’s ass. Brilliant scene.
4. I have to put this in separately to my favorite moment, how impressive was Rick’s fight against Artimus! His skills have improved massively and I did get a laugh at his reaction to having his head smashed through a sink.
5. Shade turning up to help out the JSA while Cindy was unleashing the black diamond was just incredible. His character has completely grown on me, still creepy, but brilliant.
6. After Courtney’s staff breaks the Black Diamond, Eclipso is set free and is now a life form. The scene was so dark and gory, as he kills two members of the ISA. First Isaac, whose death was so hard to watch as he’s stabbed and Eclipso begins absorbing his soul and body. The next death I really did not expect, Cindy. At this moment Cindy realizes she never had control, as Eclipso tells her he owes her nothing right before sucking her into a black hole. I think this scene hit quite hard because Courtney tried to save her. Despite knowing Cindy wasn’t a good person, she didn’t deserve to die.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
This was a tough choice, it came down to Eclipso’s return and what followed, or the amazing fight scene between the JSA and the ISA, but the fight scene is going to take it. Every single character played an amazing part in this scene, the action was the best it’s been so far! It was lovely to Rick and Yolanda finally playing a big part on an episode this season as we haven’t seen much from them! Their skills have definitely improved and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
This week’s standout is going to Rick. He stood out massively in the action scenes between the JSA and the ISA. His skills have improved a lot since last season, and to be honest he needed a shining moment as he hadn’t really had one so far this season.
Definitely the best episode of the season so far. Everything was absolutely perfect and I hope they can match this in the rest of the season!