Season 6 Episode 11 – Mxy returns and explains Nyxly’s dark history to the super team in the best way he knows how — in song form; Lena visits her mother’s birthplace in Newfoundland, eager to dig into her past.
What I Liked
1. I do love Mxy, and I am happy to see him again. The episode begins right as the last one ended with Supergirl trapped. We get a semi-backstory into what happened between Mxy and Nxyl which sounds interesting and pretty decent. The way he cartwheeled you dodge a blast from Nxyl deserves a shoutout here.
2. As if Mxy just literally remixed an entire version of the “I Will Survive” song. I did initially cringe but it was quite funny, so I decided to pop it on the likes list.
3. The story surrounding Lena finding her birth Mom has been relatively enjoyable, but one thing to note here is the acting. Especially after Lena is shut down by the hotel and bar owners, as she’s driving home she’s called by Andrea who has further information. You really do sympathize with her, even more so when eventually finds out what happened to her Mom.
What I Disliked
1. A robot made of junk for a villain, now a gigantic cat. Please, stop. Just stop it right now.
2. I understand Supergirl’s willingness to help Nxyl, but she surely has to realize she’s up against an Imp. Nxyl is making them all look stupid, and had a good chance of doing so until Supergirl intervenes and ruins everything. She then has the chance to send Nxyl back to the Phantom Zone and hesitates. Another villain that should have been one and done, but attempts to be talked down. The Flash has had a major problem with this, it’s not that entertaining when it’s a villain barely any of us care for.
It turns out because Lena’s birth mother is a witch, this would mean the general consensus that Lena also is. I really do like the idea of this, meaning Lena can further come into her own without the Luthor name.
My only issue with these types of development, also including Kelly becoming Guardian is that the show is ending. It’s done. So I struggle to get on board with it because I know they will be short-lived. It should have happened two
If you didn’t guess already, Lena takes it this week for me. Her story was far more interesting this week, especially discovering who she actually is and where her initial home is. There, unfortunately, wasn’t a large selection of characters to choose from this week, but Lena was great.
An okay episode this week. The story focus was split, and both have their moments throughout. It could have been better, but from what we’ve had since the show returned from hiatus, this was definitely an improvement.