Season 1 Episode 2 – While adjusting to their new lives in Smallville, Lois and Clark make an important decision concerning one of their sons; tensions begin to rise between Lois and Morgan Edge; Lana Lang Cushing invites the Kent family over for a barbecue.
What I Liked
1. It seems this Luthor is hunting for Kal because he did something to his world. The first thought that came to my head was the Injustice story, I’m super intrigued to see where they go with this.
2. A nice moment for Kal and Jordan. Kal takes him to the Fortress of Solitude so he can learn more about Krypton and their heritage. We also have an AI version of Jor-El, which is decent as well.
3. Superman and Luthor come face to face again. This time it’s obvious Luthor is struggling due to the lack of kryptonite, so he sends his ship that looks set to blow up into a building, giving Clark a choice. Obviously, he grabs the ship, takes it to space and allows it to explode. Dejavu again when he gets blasted from space back into Earth.
4. Luthor is back, and he storms the DOD where Lois’ father is. It seems though, that Luthor actually wants them to stop protecting Superman because of his capabilities. What I love about this scene is literally Luthor being in conversation, then just being speared through a wall by Clark. We see Luthor then just be decimated punch by punch thereafter. However, as it’s Luthor – he’s ALWAYS 10 steps ahead, and that prevailed here when it was just a robotic suit, and not actually him in it.
5. A beautiful bonding moment between the twins, when they seemingly apologise to each other. Jon also tells Jordan that he will help him figure out, even if the AI Jor-El said he will never be like Kal. I liked this scene, especially the sibling aspect.
6. We actually get to see a brief look at what happened on Luthor’s planet. Superman in a black suit just absolutely annihilates a line of soldiers so straight off you kind of get it. I had huge vibes of Homelander with that end scene.
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
Lois has an incredible badass moment when she quits the Planet. She walks straight up to Edge and hands him her resignation letter. As she walks like an absolute boss, a worker says that he is going to crush her, and she follows up with; “let him try”. Just pure quality. I do like Lois is finally getting her own proper ark, she’s been fantastic these last couple of episodes. She goes to work for the Smallville Gazette afterwards.
Lois. It wasn’t even a hard choice this week. The way she quit the Planet, and also stood her ground against all odds with Edge. This is prime Lois and it surely showed.
Another fantastic episode this week. The story is just not letting up, and it’s just getting to the points immediately without beating around the bush. A truly amazing show with every character involved having a proper story.