Season 2 Episode 8 – Lois, Clark, and Natalie notice a difference in John Henry’s behaviour and fear something might be very wrong; Kyle encounters an awkward moment with Lana while stopping by the house to pick Sarah up for school.
Please note, our reviews are based on likes and dislikes. These contain major spoilers. If you haven’t already watched the episode we would recommend that you click off the article, and come back once you have watched the episode. Enjoy!
What I Liked
1. I really do enjoy it when you see Clark and Lois do the parenting roles. With the entire situation going on with Jon, still holding back his secret about the drugs is actually pretty good. I’m surprised he’s kept it in so long, even withstanding the pressure from both of his parents, more so Lois. She’s terrifying when she’s angry.
2. Ally, Chrissy, Anderson and a few others from the group head to some portal. As the group brings to float in, they just perish as soon as they touch the border. Superman swoops in and saves a random dude, Chrissy, and Ally. This was quite intense considering how close we were to seeing Chrissy of all else almost being killed. Anderson did head in though so I do suspect the gateway generally worked.
3. Sam begins his interrogation of Ally but his major motive is to understand if Lucy went into the gateway considering they were all wearing hazmat suits. It’s not often you see Sam lose his cool, more so considering it’s his daughter. I really did enjoy this scene. It makes it even more satisfying that Sam finally understands what Ally is capable of.
4. Natalie is still struggling to come to terms with being on this planet. It’s understandable completely. Superman being Superman though offers her a key so she and her dad can have their own place. This was a lovely touch, he even tells her that he hopes she can get to know him properly. These little touches are what make this show so great.
5. Clark was very harsh with Jon when he arrived home, I’m happy that Lois did put that straight because that’s a perfect way for it to continue getting worse despite the situation. I still love the fact that Jordan is still playing Injustice.
What I Disliked
1. It baffles me why Sarah even asked Jordan to meet with her and Aubrey. That’s just a fat no and this scene in the school just irritated me. How uncomfortable that would be is enough. This daft story between Sarah’s unfaithfulness needs to just end, it’s just not entertaining and it’s wasted screen time.
2. Lucy is just becoming the most annoying character of the series. She betrays her family yet again, even drugging Sam, claiming she’s the “failsafe”. It’s boring now. Every time she shows up it’s just predictable. Her redemption now isn’t something I care for anymore.
Candice gets herself in a right pickle owing a drug dealer a lot of money. As Jon walks her home, he shows up, uses an inhaler, and begins a beat down on Jon who’s helpless. Until that is, Jordan shows up, hoodies up, and throws the guy on the floor. A brief altercation happens where the guy throws a punch, Jordan ducks it, and 3 punch combos him and wipes him cleanout. What a scene!!
This is a difficult one to choose as I feel like every character was fairly equal. But, if I have to give it then I will give it to Jordan just purely for that brief action scene where he saves his brother. I still loved that.
This wasn’t the great episode of the show but it still wasn’t poor. There were some aspects I feel like weren’t needed or just straight-up annoying, however, as always Superman and Lois continue to impress on major fronts which is why I love this show so much. Even during weaker episodes like this, it still shines.
Promo For Next Episode
Story - 8
Action - 7
Characters - 7
Entertainment - 8
Quality - 9
This wasn't the great episode of the show but it still wasn't poor. There were some aspects I feel like weren't needed or just straight-up annoying, however, as always Superman and Lois continue to impress on major fronts which is why I love this show so much. Even during weaker episodes like this, it still shines.