Season 2 Episode 8 “Becca shows up on Butcher’s doorstep and begs for his help. The Boys agree to back Butcher, and together with Starlight, they finally face off against Homelander and Stormfront. But things go very bad, very fast.”
What I Liked
1. If I didn’t know any better and it was my first time watching, that first scene honestly could’ve had me convinced Homelander was a good guy. He’s so deceitful that it is actually impressive at this point.
2. The church of the collective keep intriguing me. I may be wrong, there may be nothing more to it, but I struggle to believe that their endgame is getting A-train and Deep back into The Seven. There has to be more to this.
3. It’s a weird one having to put this in here, but the scene between Homelander and Ryan was so heartwarming. I don’t know if he meant it, or if he just wants Ryan to be like him, but I must admit, he seems to love him.
4. Storefront has been exposed! The file A-Train handed over previously in the episode contained all the information of Stormfronts past as a Nazi.
5. The team form a plan to get Ryan back, by luring Stormfront away after leaking the footage, and then getting Homelander away, they manage to take Ryan back to Becca. The timing ends up perfect as Vought enter the building to take Ryan, and at the exact same time, Homelander returns.
6. Another incredible scene with Stormfront taking the beat down once again, but this time from Ryan. As Stormfront wraps her hands around Becca’s neck, Ryan learns to channel his anger. The scene was pretty gruesome showing Stormfront lying on the ground with no limbs, one eye and no hair, and with Becca dying in Butchers arms, this scene was so intense.
7. Homelander wants his son back and intends to do so. As he turns up to take Ryan back from Butcher, Maeve once again saves the day. After showing him the footage from the plane and ordering him to stop and leave everyone alone, Homelander for once backs down, but we’re not sure what his next move is.
8. After realising that Ryan is innocent in all this and trusting his wife, Butcher and Ryan have a heartwarming scene together as he helps Ryan after the loss of his mother.
9. Hughie is ready to do things the right way. Towards the end of the episode, we learn Victoria Neuman was behind all of the beheadings at the trial. But of course, it can’t end there, and as we wave goodbye to this season we see Hughie, asking Victoria for a job. This can only lead to more trouble but we can’t wait to see it!
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
The boys come face to face with stormfront and all I can say is what a SCENE! So much happened I can barley put it in one paragraph. After thinking Kimiko was dead for a split second and thinking Starlight was done for, Maeve comes out of nowhere and takes the floor! The 3 women do not hold back on Stormfront, and as a result, she takes off after taking a pretty hefty beating from the three women!
This one was incredibly tough to decide and I narrowed it down to Butcher or Homelander, but purely on the scenes with Homelander and Ryan, I had to give it to Homelander. He showed another side in the finale, whilst remaining sadistic all at the same time. I can only imagine how close he was to losing his mind this season what is going to happen next.
This episode by far has been the best episode of any series this year! So much action, amazing moments from each character and we are already waiting in our seats for the next season!