Season 3 Episode 6 “Crane enlists the help of lethal assassin Lady Vic, who has a troubled history with Dick and Barbara. Meanwhile, Kory and Gar bring Blackfire back to Wayne Manor.”
What I Liked?
1. The episode begins with a random stranger in a diner listening on two State Troopers that are obviously a couple, this woman ends up quickly killing the two State Troopers and then making her way to Gotham, what a brutal opening scene.
2. We flashback 6 years where we see a younger Robin watching over someone who is burgling a museum for a vase, Robin tries to take the vase from the robber but the robber messes with Dick, this ends up being Barbara Gordon, although a much more free going with a bad girl persona. She ropes Dick into stealing other stuff and then we end up seeing them with loads of jewelry and really expensive stuff, I’m surprised Dick went along with this.
3. This next point was literally only a second but it came when Gar was being angry with Dick, he was slowly turning green, is this the beginning of him becoming fully permanently green? If so it is about time, I want to see Gar fully green in a future story.
4. Another quick point, this time when Dick told Barbara that he had Crane and Red Hood until she interfered with her sniper team and shot Dick, I have to say, I absolutely agree, Dick had it handled, although he could have told people his plan.
5. This next scene was absolutely unreal in terms of how great Dick has been trained over the years. He uses a technique that allows him to heard things in a recording without a screen, in this scene, he can tell how far of a distance Lady Vic was from her victims, her movements, how long he blades were, I was blown away by this scene simply because I didn’t expect it.
6. Barbara gets a phone call on a secret phone, the voice on the other end is Bruce, she goes to meet him but ends up going into a trap laid out by Lady Vic, the two get into a fight with Barbara managing to hold her own even in her wheelchair, this was another great and powerful scene.
7. Towards the end of the episode, Jason is getting sick of Crane so he takes the drugs and gives them out to people which leads into one of the men he gives it, walking into a restaurant and shooting up the place, this same restaurant was Tim Drakes, is this the reason why Tim Drake becomes a Robin?
What I Disliked?
Don’t get me wrong, I love Barbara, but present-day Barbara was beyond annoying in this episode, she was cool, badass, and powerful in the episode but ultimately present-day Barbara was annoying in my opinion. This was my only dislike this week.
My favorite moment was anything with Conor and Blackfire, the chemistry these two have is unbelievable, in the kitchen when Conor is like “I’m pretty sure I can take you”. Amazing, then it continues when the two along with Starfire go on a mission and Conor has a heart-to-heart with Blackfire saying the Titans will take her in, she just has to prove herself, this leads into another favorite moment which I’ll class as the same point, Starfire finds the Doctor and she has the same bomb as Hank, this is where Conor’s character development comes into play and he manages to build a device to save the doctor. I truly love the fact that the show is using both sides of his DNA.
I was so stuck on this category this week but I think ultimately, Conor takes it this week, as mentioned above, his character development, his redemption, and his need to save someone from the bomb is insane!
A really great episode this week. This episode showcased and progressed many relationships between characters as well as delivering solid development for characters such as Conor, Blackfire, Dick, Gar, and Jason. The episode was just great right from the beginning. The debut of Lady Vic was brutally ruthless and amazing.
Photo: Titans Season 3 Episode 6 Lady Vic.