Season 3 Episode 10 “This review will contain spoilers below”.
What I Liked?
1. The episode begins with Crane talking to Jason while continuing with his plan, Crane releases a video framing the Titans for infecting the water system in Gotham City, causing the civilians and the GCPD to distrust, dislike, and hurt the Titans, Crane being Crane also puts a $50,000 bounty on Nightwing’s head for wanting him dead or alive, all while praising and putting Red Hood as the new hero, new protector, and savior for Gotham City.
2. With Nightwing being kept in the Batcave because of his newly found bounty, the rest of the Titans are in Gotham City trying to calm everyone down, as well as stopping the ever-growing violence because of the formula Crane added to the water, the civilians begin to slowly turn on the Titans and they are forced to retreat, but not before knocking out the rioters.
3. Dick comes up with a plan to turn the Titans in, he explains his reasoning, that it’ll look good that they turned themselves in, get bonded out, and continue to save Gotham from within the darkness, he asks the rest of the Titans for their opinions and they all pretty much agree to turn themselves in because they are a team and a family.
4. This next point is simply Blackfire, I think she finally begins to move along with her plan when after the big fight, she and Starfire are in a church hiding out when Starfire begins to heal Blackfire, and Blackfire steals all of Starfire’s powers. They have a back and forth about Blackfire’s plans with Starfire choosing to go help the Titans. Finally getting more Blackfire plans, I hope this continues.
5. The Titans are split up after the final battle with Gar awakening in an abandoned building with Rachel there with some clothing for him, Superboy is with Nightwing, and we get an absolutely amazing shot of Nightwing looking over a war-torn Gotham City with him saying “Gotham’s on it’s own”.
What I Disliked?
My only dislike was the pacing of the episode, while the story was lacking, we saw Donna make her way back to Gotham while fighting an Amazonian, this was pretty much halfway into the episode, the action for it came towards the backend of the episode which sucked.
The Titans arrive to turn themselves into the GCPD, when they get there, the police are being rough with them until one of the detectives tells the police to move in, a huge fight breaks out between the Titans and GCPD when an officer shoots Blackfire causing Superboy to get angry, I really liked this scene because after the loss of Donna, then Jason, then Hank being killed, and Dawn leaving, all of the negative stuff that has happened has brought the remaining Titans together even more.
This was a hard decision, but ultimately, it’s going to have to be Donna, while she made her way back to Gotham she was tested by Lydia, she was put through a trial that tested her strength and she absolutely smashed it.
Honestly, the story in this episode wasn’t the best, it was simply just the citizens of Gotham turning their backs on the Titans. The action was a huge part of this episode, especially with Donna and then the fight between the Titans and the GCPD. This episode also showcased, once again, just how smart Crane is when he manipulates the entire population of Gotham against the Titans.
Photo: Titans Season 3 Episode 10 “Troubled Waters”.