Season 1 Episode 7 – Monica Plots her return, Wanda navigates unsettling complications, and Vision forms a new alliance.
What I Liked
1. I noticed with the opening credits there was next to no mention of Vision until the very end where the music had changed also. I love how the writers add the most subtle things into the show which makes it so perfect. Great start to the episode.
2. Admittedly, despite Wanda’s slow mental breakdown it has been done so well. The build-up continues when Agnes takes Billy and Tommy so Wanda can have some alone time.
3. Action comes in the form of Darcy delivering the right hook in the circus. Vision manages to snap Darcy out of her mind control, which is interestingly shaping the series up. Especially now Darcy is in Westview with full knowledge of everything.
4. Monica is delivered a heavily armoured space rover and tries to go full speed ahead against the wall, unfortunately, it completely blocked the rover and Monica just managed to escape. After which Monica realises she can get through without it, as she’s going through we hear the voices of both Nick Fury and Captain Marvel. She also manages to get through unscathed so now it’s about to get super interesting!
5. A lot of references between the conversation between Vision and Darcy. Ultron, JARVIS, Thanos and others. It literally connects it to those movies that haven’t been mentioned since they happened with the exception of Thanos.
6. And there it is, the reveal with Agnes, oh sorry, Agatha Harkness has finally happened. It turns out she’s actually been controlling everything since the very beginning and not letting up either. As much as I expected it, I’m still a bit thrown back. Especially with the montage and the music, just brilliant.
7. After the credits scene shows Monica seeing Agatha’s “basement”, and Quicksilver shows up. This also makes a lot of sense considering he was created because of Agatha, I can’t wait for next week!
What I Disliked
Nothing to report this week.
Wanda and Monica stand-off once and for all. We also get a glimpse of Monica’s newfound powers when she counters Wanda briefly. However, Monica did nearly talk Wanda down until Agnes stepped in. Agnes knew and knows more than we’re lead to believe. I think we all kind of knew that anyway.
I have to this to Wanda this week. The slow breakdown, to her realisation that Agatha was the mastermind behind everything was exceptionally well done.
WandaVision continues to improve episode upon episode, and I said this last week, I’m not sure how this show can get any better than it is. This episode revealed so much and answered a lot of questions that have been lingering since the very first episode.
Promo For Next Week
Subtly dropping a Doctor Strange shot in the promo as well…