Season 2 Episode 14 – Batwoman is faced with a new challenge when Gotham’s addicts become ravenous for more than the next fix.
What I Liked
1. An amazing scene really shining a light on Racism! Ryan, Luke, and Sophie are all arrested following a noise complaint and then proceeded to challenge the police on the accusation. Things like this really do make good tv for the simple fact it happens in everyday life for some people!
2. As far as grueling situations go, flesh-eaters certainly do top the list I think. Not that I’m appreciating the situation, I do have to appreciate how far the writers went with this.
3. I love that it hasn’t taken long before Alice figuring out Kate is alive. I thought they were going to drag it out but it seems they’ve actually done this right. I love seeing who Alice is becoming, my main concern is how it’s all going to end for her
4. The scenes with Mary and Jacob were so sweet (aside from the whole flesh-eating thing), it’s nice seeing them together again and seeing Jacob actually standing and functioning which we don’t get very often these days.
5. Despite Sophie’s demands, Taveroff completely goes against what she says and begins killing people who have been affected by the new variant of Snake Bite! It was a pretty brutal scene altogether, especially considering one of the casualties looked like a teenager.
6. Sophie has made the decision to leave the Crows. Honestly, I would’ve loved if she stayed to fix the mess within the Crows, but at the same time, I hope this means she will be officially joining the Bat team.
What I Disliked
We almost got through an entire episode without anything being written here, but Ocean killing Enigma is just infuriating. Right after saying it wasn’t going to drag out, the person who can fix what has happened to Kate is now gone? So now we’re back to square one.
Not that I liked the fact of Luke being shot, it was just such an unexpected ending! My jaw literally dropped. I knew this episode was shining a light on racism but I didn’t realize just how much! To make matters worse, the shots were fired by Taveroff. I really hope Luke isn’t dead, but my god what a way to end the episode!
I can’t believe I’m saying this again, but Sophie has to take it once again this week. She has yet again been incredible. Standing up against Racism, even against her own coworkers takes guts as many people can probably imagine. To then take a stand and step down from her job was huge for her!
A grueling but amazing episode this week! Between people turning into flesh eaters and highlighting the issue of racism. This episode was definitely up there as one of the best episodes of the season!