Season 4 Episode 1 “Jefferson is still mourning the death of his long-time friend, Detective Henderson; Gambi is presented with an interesting opportunity; Lynn and Jefferson continue to clash.”
What I Liked?
1. Jefferson visits Henderson’s grave, he speaks to his father about what Freeland needs, he then leaves and is in the car when he sees two police officers roughing up a young black man, he gets out and tries to stop it but the police turn their weapons on Jefferson, he snaps and electrocutes them, putting them in the ICU and blowing up their patrol car.
2. Thunder and Lightning are doing their usual tag team on drug shipments, they hit two of them so the gang sets a trap for the third one, which the two heroes fall into and it ends up with Lightning taking a shot from a meta-weapon.
3. Jefferson receives a letter from Henderson, wrote before he died, He explains to him that he told someone about Black Lightning, the phone, and that he can trust him, he also mentions he hopes to see him on the other side, just not too soon. Great moment.
What I disliked?
1. After four seasons, countless lessons, and teachable moments from her dad, Anissa still doesn’t understand the reason why she’s a hero, she can’t just murder someone even if they are bad.
2. Lynn is still lying to Jefferson and their therapist. She’s injecting herself with meta powers similar to Gravedigger. I just don’t really understand the Lynn storyline.
After Jennifer is shot by the meta-weapon, Jefferson finds the shooter, lays a beatdown on him then shoots lightning out of his eyes into the shooter’s eyes leaving him in the hospital.
Jefferson, he was insanely brutal this episode, which was surprising.
Not a fairly strong episode, it was average if I’m honest, it had its moments of awesomeness when Jefferson was going full brutal mode but everything else was average, it’s bad for a final season’s first episode.