Season 4 Episode 4 “Jefferson pays Tobias a visit and warns him to stay away from his family.”
What I Liked?
1. I love that for the past couple of episodes it starts off with a dream sequence, this week it was Jefferson on the ground, useless and needing help because he’s poisoned with Lynn standing over him who then uses a needle on herself, it then changes to Tobias standing over Jefferson who stamps on Jefferson and he wakes up in a cold sweat.
2. Gambi is working with TC to implement a design flaw into the new meta-weapons which when done will cause 37% of the guns to explode which is a risk Gambi is willing to take.
Gambi tries to tell the Monovista International boss about the design flaw but he gets told to shut up and be quiet so he plays along, this design flaw idea only gets a few days extended on the release.
3. Lala’s gang arrive at the gun swap meet to steal the meta-weapons, a gunfight ensues and Thunder, Grace, and Lightning arrive to stop the thugs, Lala shoots a meta-weapon at Thunder but it doesn’t affect her, in the gunfight, the Mayor ends up being shot and killed.
4. Jennifer flies into the sky to float there, but TC notices something wrong with her energy levels, he tries to tell Jennifer to come down but she doesn’t and her powers begin to hurt her, she then can’t move and explodes into pure energy.
What I Disliked?
1. Jennifer’s “Lightning” social media account has gained 2.1 million followers, this is going to be so bad in the end. I can see this being a huge problem.
2. How Lynn got mad at Jefferson for the fight club video when she’s just as bad, Jefferson confronts her about the meal with Tobias and she goes and gets mad at him even more? This character is so annoying.
Jefferson needs to let his anger out again so he heads to Lala’s fight club, this time it’s live streaming which TC is watching but on the Livestream, the faces are blurred out. Jennifer comes into speak with TC and she sees the fight, she gets TC to remove the face blur and finds out that Jefferson is the one fighting.
Jefferson went through the motions in this episode, from anger to sorrow to heartfelt moments trying to speak to Jennifer.
It’s a much better episode than last week, This episode had everything from a little action mixed in with realization, heartfelt moments, and teases… What happened to Jennifer?
Photo: Black Lightning Season 4 Episode 4.