Season 1 Episode 14 – Lois is worried about Jordan as he and Sarah continue to grow closer; Clark pays Lana a visit; Jonathan has been spending more and more time with John Henry.
What I Liked
1. I do love nothing more than Superman and Steel standing side by side, and being there for each other. Even before a fight has happened, I just love the chemistry between them even if they barely trust each other. It took a while for the first like due to how slow the episode has been thus far.
2. One of the kick-offs I agree with is Sarah’s towards her parents. She told Lana and Kyle straight this is their fault, and I agree, it is. I know both of them are just trying to protect their family, but at the end of the day, I can see it from the town’s perspective as well.
3. As Kal and John step up to Lesley and The Eradicator, a bunch of Kryptonian’s start tearing apart Metropolis. They both desperately try to stop the casualties, but the way they are fighting is quality. John almost manages to beat Lesley until his hammer is offline, and Superman wipes out a few Kryptonian’s in just a minute or two, really showcasing how superior his powers are.
4. It’s great to see Jon actually smiling. He manages to reconnect with Tegan after their miserable “date” last episode, she opens up to him about her move from Central City, her dad being in prison, etc. I’m just glad to see one person actually make Jon happy this episode because they’ve all been distant with him so far.
5. As Edge escapes after the failed Metropolis attack, Sam goes to the party Jon and Jordan are at and orders them home. As he’s driving them home, Edge lands out of nowhere and just slams into the car, flipping it multiple times. Sam, Jordan, Jon, and Sarah were all in the car. Morgan then takes Jordan leaving the others in complete disarray. Superman eventually shows up and goes straight to look for Jordan, who unfortunately now is falling to the powers of The Eradicator, and becomes Morgan’s father.
What I Disliked
I think my only dislike would be the slowness of the episode. It did take quite some time in order to kick in, and most of the characters were being uncomfortable, but the end of the episode was perfect.
What a moment!! As Lois is standing in front of the camera in Metropolis, it’s the exact scenes we saw from the planet John came from. As it’s broadcasted on TV, Jon and Jordan look helplessly in horror. However, as John’s AI tells him his hammer is online, he throws it, and it goes to Lesley who’s about to kill Lois. What a perfect scene!
This is a tough decision this week, but I have to give it to John. Mainly because of that throw above all else, and not to mention that he’s still there helping Superman. A fantastic character and he had another great week.
The episode started slow, but by the end, I was blown away. There was a couple of moments where I actually jumped out of my seat, it was just that good. This show really needs to be in contention for the show of the year.